Our estate planning services enable clients of Lyons | Sullivan to take control and achieve their goals regarding the disposition of their property while alive and at death in a tax effective manner. We also counsel clients to provide for alternate decision-making in financial and health care matters in the event of legal disability without an expensive and intrusive guardianship proceeding. This can involve the following services:
- Designing, preparing and implementing dispositive documents such as wills, trusts and community property agreements.
- Providing strategies to minimize potential federal and state gift and estate tax liabilities.
- Designing plans to accomplish charitable objectives.
- Providing for alternate decision making in the event of a legal disability through durable powers of attorney for health care and financial decisions, along with health care directives and mental health care directives.
- Establishing guardianships where alternatives are unavailable.
- Planning for a natural death through health care directives.
- Preparing prenuptial and committed intimate relationship agreements.