Tax Exempt Entities
Lyons | Sullivan counsels and represents clients in the nonprofit sector, providing a full range of services. This can involve the following services:
- Providing counsel and representation in the formation, maintenance and operation of various types of nonprofit entities.
- Advising and assisting clients through the process of securing and maintaining tax exempt status under the various subsections of Section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Advising and assisting tax exempt entities to comply with the charitable solicitation registration requirements of various states.
- Advising and assisting tax exempt entities to comply with the limitations on political activities.
- Mergers of entities exempt from taxation under Section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Advising clients regarding the various exemptions available under Washington State’s
- Business and Occupations (B&O) tax.