John J. Sullivan, Attorney
John J. Sullivan is a shareholder with the Northwest law firm of Lyons | Sullivan.
Mr. Sullivan has practiced in the areas of estate planning, probate, trust and estate administration, federal and state taxation and business and nonprofit planning throughout his thirty plus years in practice. He began his career at the Seattle and Bellevue offices of Stoel Rives and its predecessor in 1984. From 1992 to 1998 he served as Vice President & Tax Counsel to Bank of America for the Northwest. He brings a wealth of understanding regarding the legal and tax issues arising in designing and implementing estate plans as well as probate and estate administration. John combines an ability to explain the complex in plain English with a creative and practical approach to solving problems and resolving disputes.
- Columbia University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1984
- Parker School of Foreign and Comparative Law, 1984
- Columbia Journal of Transnational Law, Professional Articles and Topical Issue (Sovereign Debt) Editor
- Golden Gate University, Graduate Program in Taxation, 1986 – 1990
- University of Maryland, W. Germany, Bachelor of Arts, Soviet Area Studies, Magna cum Laude, 1980
- Defense Language Institute, Monterey, California, Intensive Russian Language Course, With Honors, 1977
- Regis High School, New York, N.Y., 1970 (Four year academic scholarship at fully endowed school.
- Washington State Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust and Elder Law Sections
- Association of Washington Businesses, Tax & Fiscal Policy Committee (1995 – 1998)
- Washington Bankers Association, Chair, Tax Committee (1993 – 1999)
Are you interested in viewing some of John’s replies to client questions?
Please click the button to find learn more.