Disclaimer & Privacy
The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice or soliciting legal business. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Lyons | Sullivan and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm, any individual attorney, or the firm’s clients. Unsolicited information sent to Lyons | Sullivan by persons who are not clients of the firm is not subject to any duty of confidentiality on the part of the firm. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
What personally identifiable information is collected by Lyons | Sullivan or by any third party through our site;
How Lyons | Sullivan uses this information;
With whom Lyons | Sullivan may share this information;
What choices are available to you as a user of the site with respect to collection, use and distribution of the information;
What types of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control; and
How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
1. Personal Information of Children Under 13. Lyons | Sullivan complies with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and the FTC’s Rule interpreting COPPA (16 CFR § 512). This site is not directed to children and we do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age through this site.
2. Use of Your Personal Information. Lyons | Sullivan does not sell, rent, or share site user information to or with any third party not affiliated with or owned by Lyons | Sullivan, except that we may disclose such information to service providers who may assist us in providing services to you or in such areas as data storage. Lyons | Sullivan will never give or sell your personal information to be used for the purposes of sending you unsolicited commercial offers (such as spam) from any third party.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information As Required By Law. We will disclose site user personal information when required by law, or if we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on us.
4. Business Transitions. In the event Lyons | Sullivan goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of a portion of its assets, our customers’ personal information may be part of the assets transferred. Customers will be notified via prominent notice on our Web site for 30 days prior to a change of ownership or control of their personal information. If, as a result of the business transition, your personally identifiable information will be used in a manner materially different from that stated at the time of collection, you will be given a choice consistent with our Notification of Changes section.
5. Links. This Web site may contain links to other sites. Lyons | Sullivan is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by our site.
6. Security. Lyons | Sullivan takes commercially reasonable precautions to protect your information. However, given the nature of the Internet and the fact that network security measures are not infallible, we cannot guarantee the security of information submitted through the site.
We also make an effort to protect your information off-line. Access to users’ information is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. Employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. The servers that store your personally identifiable information are housed in a secure environment.
7. Correcting, Updating, Deleting and Deactivating Personal Information. If your personally identifiable information changes, you may contact us to correct, update or delete and deactivate our record of your personally identifiable information.